Veterans simply make us better.
They bring an amazing skill set to the table.
Leadership, dedication and commitment are qualities they learn from the military.
Shop Mechanic State College PA #638966
Job Summary:Inspect, diagnose, adjust, repair, and maintain heavy equipment and transportation vehicles including cars; light, medium and heavy trucks; paving and earthmoving equipment. This hourly, non-exempt position will work under indirect supervision from the Shop Superintendent or Shop Leader.
- * Demonstrate initiative in analyzing and solving problems.
- * Safely perform essential functions.
- * Proficiently troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, and rebuild all system failures on mobile equipment.
- * Generate report of parts necessary and time required to complete project.
- * Operate equipment which requires a commercial drivers license for diagnosing and testing purposes.
- * Accurately generate in a timely manner all repair work orders.
- * Proactively communicate with Leaders and Equipment Operators concerning equipment and job-related projects.
- * Use welding and flame-cutting equipment to perform welding duties.
- * Maintain safe and organized work area.
- * Perform cleanup at end of day or when job is completed, including cleaning tools and putting tools in proper storage.
- * Consistently work on personal growth plan.
- * Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
- * Frequently work more than 40 hours per week. Occasionally work non-traditional hours including 2nd shift, Saturdays and Sundays.
- * Occasional out of town travel required.
- * Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- * Methods, materials, tools and equipment used in repairing and maintaining mobile equipment.
- * Basic computer skills.
- * Construction operations.
- Ability to:
- * Operate tools and equipment used to repair equipment.
- * Take and follow instructions.
- * Ability to learn and follow GOH Company policies.
- * Work under indirect supervision.
- * Valid driver’s license for which you reside with acceptable driving record per company minimum standards for drivers.
- * Valid Class B CDL with acceptable driving record required.
- * Prefer Class A CDL with HazMat and Tanker endorsements.
- * Class B state inspection license.
- * Prefer Class A state inspection license.
- * Must possess complete set of tools.
- * Must be proficient in troubleshooting techniques.
- * Must be proficient in hydraulic principles and systems.
- * Must be proficient in fundamentals of engines.
- * Must be proficient in power and drive train principles.
- * Must be proficient in machine electronics.
- * Must be proficient in cutting and welding processes.
- * Must be proficient in fuel systems.
- * High school graduate or equivalent.
- * Prefer completion of Heavy Equipment/Diesel Technology
- * Program from an accredited vocational or technical school
Apply Directly to: CLICK HERE