Veterans simply make us better.
They bring an amazing skill set to the table.
Leadership, dedication and commitment are qualities they learn from the military.
Plant Health Care Tree & Shrub Shawnee KS #638878
–Registered Technician Trainee,
Department: Plant Health Care (PHC) FLSA:
Reports To: Operations Manager
Employment Status: Full Time
The primary function of this position is to perform pesticide applications, including but not limited to fungicide and insecticide sprays, and fertilizer applications. Responsible for reaching departmental goals and objectives, while providing a superior customer experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
PHC Tree & Shrub Registered Technician Trainee
• Complete a comprehensive training program including: tree and shrub fertilization and spray techniques; chemical mixing and mix rates; basic insect and disease identification; basic tree identification; safety procedures; proper equipment operation; product label identification and comprehension; and use of personal protective equipment.
• Responsible for contacting homeowners upon arrival at the job site. Review work to be performed and note any changes or add-ons before beginning work.
• Complete a thorough inspection/evaluation of the entire property for plant health concerns before leaving job site. All notes and concerns should be returned to immediate supervisor for follow-up.
• Perform tree and shrub spray and fertilization services in accordance with AMTL standard operating procedures, ANSI A300 standards, and OSHA safety regulations.
• Complete a daily checklist for truck maintenance (including notification of routine maintenance or repair for shop mechanics).
• Travel from job site to job site, utilizing maps, street guides, and other directional resources.
• Some weekend work.
• Complete associated paperwork completely and legibly.
• Responsible for collection of monies due from customers at the time of service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Continued
PHC Tree & Shrub Registered Technician
• Same as PHC Tree & Shrub Registered Technician Trainee plus:
o Performance of minor maintenance work and shrub pruning.
o Identify basic trees and ornamental shrubs; and basic insects and disease problems.
o Work alone and independently or as a reliable team player.
o Turn in all monies and paperwork to the Operations Manager upon returning to the shop at the end of the day.
PHC Tree & Shrub Commercial Applicator (Same as Technician but also including 🙂
• Same as PHC Tree & Shrub Registered Technician plus:
o Perform all tree and shrub spray and fertilization services.
o Perform a variety of micro-injection, macro-infusion, soil drench, and other injection services (i.e. application of growth regulators, systemic pesticides, etc.)
o Identify most trees and ornamental shrubs; and insect and disease problems.
o Actively seek opportunities for enhancement sales of additional AMTL services. Build trust with clients for referral and repeat business.
Required Education, Work Experience, and Competencies
Education, Work Experience, and Certifications
PHC Registered Technician Trainee
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Industry experience or Associates Degree in related field preferred.
3. Valid Class “C” Drivers License.
PHC Registered Technician (Same as Trainee but also including 🙂
1. Same as PHC Registered Technician Trainee.
2. Successful completion of AMTL training course to obtain KS Registered Technician License.
PHC Commercial Applicator (Same as Technician but also including 🙂