Veterans simply make us better.
They bring an amazing skill set to the table.
Leadership, dedication and commitment are qualities they learn from the military.
LOAD PLANNER Oklahoma City, OK #638862
SUMMARY: The primary responsibility of the Load Planner is to plan optimal and feasible freight for In-bound capacity of a region/area leveraging the asset-based freight network, driver needs and customer equipment requirements resulting in maximum utilization and profitability for the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Utilize load feasibility tools to pre-plan freight and capacity into a region/area.
• Manage simultaneous In-bound freight and available truck boards for optimal matches.
• Track and Monitor trailer pools including drop trailer pools at customer yards/locations.
• Coordinate equipment positioning (including re-powers) and equipment activity in a region/area working with Driver Managers managing issues effecting productivity such as deadhead percentages, utilization, driver availability, service, maintenance schedules, dwell time, etc.
• Manage and plan daily/weekly customer load commitments with capacity needs.
• Coordinate with Sales Managers customer requirements, freight availability, service problems, capacity planning activities, etc.
• Maintain updated customer and customer lane yield, rpd, rpm information for the region/area for future planning and network shifts.
• Perform CSR duties as needed
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES: Optimization of equipment utilization (working M/T/W), deadhead, trailer pools (idle trailers, etc), yield (revenue per mile, net), revenue per truck per day, dwell time, freight velocity (including stops and days in transit for load/unload) and accessorial costs and pre-plan percentages.
CORE COMPETENCIES: Plan, Direct, or coordinate distribution, forecasting, customer service, or planning services.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: The load planners are individual contributors with managerial responsibilities for functions within their planning area.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the job satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or GED. At least 5 years industry and/or previous logistics experience preferred. Previous Load Planner experience a Plus.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to speak and write English.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to make sound judgments based on fact patterns and can communicate decisions effectively. Analyze factors regarding lane flows, pricing, driver needs and utilization and make decisions that will positively affect these factors.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Must be computer literate with the ability and desire to learn and operate company specific software. Basic operational knowledge of Microsoft Office products required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must be flexible and ready to adapt to changing needs of others in a high stress and fast-paced environment. Demonstrate patience, initiative, sense of humor and follow through skills. Good problem solving skills; proactively recognize the symptoms of a problem while it is still manageable and have awareness and flexibility to adapt to the needs of several departments/changing needs, and then work according to priorities. Must have knowledge of and comply with U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, inspection and maintenance.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the essential duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The office is climate controlled and the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Employee is subject to random testing for drug and alcohol and must satisfactorily pass a substance screening.