Veterans simply make us better.
They bring an amazing skill set to the table.
Leadership, dedication and commitment are qualities they learn from the military.
A Foreperson coordinates operations and oversees tree crew personnel. This position provides management and leadership to a tree crew while performing assigned jobs. The Foreperson communicates with the General Foreperson daily regarding all aspects of the job.
Duties, Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Receives and interprets orders for tree trimming and spraying from the General Foreperson
- Plans and lays out daily work for the crew
- Assigns work for individual crew members and directs crews in performing work
- Enforces safe work practices, as experience, judgment, company policy, and OSHA specifies
- Obtains oral or written permission from property owners to trim or remove trees and apply herbicides
- Promotes and maintains good customer and public relations through effective completion of assigned work and the appropriate behavior of employees on the crew
- Maintains accurate records, timesheets, and reports related to the performance of the crew operations
- Safeguards the public from hazards in and around work areas
- Inspects and makes or provides for repairs to tools, trucks, and other equipment
- Conducts field training/retraining and instructs crews on new or revised job units
- Works around hazardous equipment
- Works in proximity to energized power lines
- Works around excessive noise from machines, chain saws, woodchippers and other equipment with hearing protection
- Works in all temperatures and weather and will be exposed to nature, such as irritating plants and biting or stinging insects, dust, etc.
- Works at varying heights above ground and on unlevel terrain
- Ability to read and understand work orders, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Demonstrates knowledge of problem-solving techniques
- Ability to effectively communicate with others
- Ability to operate assigned equipment required for the job
- Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions
Performs other duties as assigned
APPLY DIRECTLY TO: CLICK HERE