Veterans simply make us better.
They bring an amazing skill set to the table.
Leadership, dedication and commitment are qualities they learn from the military.
Equipment Operator: State College PA #638965
Perform manual labor as assigned. Operate heavy, material- moving construction equipment to excavate, prepare, maintain and/or repair civil and heavy highway – related projects. This hourly, non-exempt position will function for short periods of time independently or with minimal supervision.
- * Operate heavy equipment in a safe and effective manner in order to minimize the risk of injury, property damage, unwanted impact to the environment, or loss of life.
- * Meet performance and technical standards required to qualify for Level 1 position.
- * Safely operate heavy equipment in and among live traffic.
- * Wear personal protective equipment.
- * Perform daily safety and maintenance checks/procedures per operator’s manual.
- * Perform manual labor such as digging or shoveling, assisting with placement of pipe and material, or other manual labor duties as assigned.
- * Pass required certification test to operate equipment.
- * Complete required paperwork including Operator’s Daily Report.
- * Proactively and diplomatically communicate with Equipment Manager, Shop Superintendent, Leader, customers and peers concerning equipment and job-related problems.
- * Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
- * Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non-traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
- * Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- * OSHA safe trenching regulations.
- * Utility installation.
- * Heavy construction equipment operation.
- * Occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
- * Construction operations.
- * Basic and routine construction drawings, blueprints, sketches, diagrams and specifications.
- * Soils, aggregate fill materials, bases, proper mixing and compacting techniques.
- * Recognize problems or errors at work site related to position.
- * Make minor repairs and adjustments to equipment and detect problems with equipment.
- * Understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- * Learn and follow GOH company policies and procedures.
- * Must be prompt, reliable, and dependable with work schedule.
- * Must have a valid driver’s license for the state in which you reside with acceptable driving record per company minimum standards for drivers.
- * Prefer high school graduate or equivalent.
- * Prefer certificate or degree in heavy equipment operation or related field.
- * Prefer previous experience operating heavy equipment.
- * MSHA (if applicable)
- *Safeland Training (if applicable)
- * Constant (67%-100%)Ability to work in field environment with exposure to dust, exhaust fumes, noise, and vibration.
- * Constant (67%-100%)Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- * Constant (67%-100%)Ability to physically climb in and out of equipment safely and operate levers or pedals to make fine, highly controlled muscular movements to adjust the position of control mechanisms.
- * Constant (67%-100%)Ability to wear required personal protective equipment.
- * Constant (67%-100%)
- * Constant (67%-100%)Ability to work and walk on uneven terrain.
- * Constant (67%-100%)Ability to work in extreme hot and cold and adverse weather conditions.
- * Constant (67%-100%)Ability to bend, sit, stoop, and stand for long periods of time in the outdoor weather.
- * Frequently (33%-67%)Ability to shovel.
- * Frequently (33%-67%)Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- * Frequently (33%-67%)Ability to work for prolonged periods with unscheduled breaks.
- * Occasionally (0%-33%)Ability to work unscheduled overtime hours.
This is a safety-sensitive position.
Apply Directly to: CLICK HERE