Veterans simply make us better.
They bring an amazing skill set to the table.
Leadership, dedication and commitment are qualities they learn from the military.
The Equipment Operator is responsible to operate and maintain equipment required for assigned jobs. This position will also be responsible for ensuring that proper safety guidelines are followed at all times and report any safety concerns immediately. The Equipment Operator will ensure that the safety of the work area and everyone around the work area is not at risk. This position will report to the General Foreperson and Manager for the area.
Duties, Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Inspects and reports necessary repairs to tools, truck, and other equipment
- Loads and unloads equipment onto trucks and trailers
- Services equipment to keep it in clean, neat, and specified mechanical condition
- Participates in daily job briefings and safety meetings
- Operates heavy equipment of various types to remove branches and tree material from job sites
- Operates and services equipment such as gasoline and hydraulic tools, power saws, power winches, mower decks, weed whackers, chippers, and sprayers
- Safeguards employees and the public from hazards in and around work areas
- Sets up barriers, warning signs, flags, and markers to protect employees and public
- Trains new personnel
- Works in all temperatures and will be exposed to nature, i.e. irritating plants and biting or stinging insects
- Keeps informed on new equipment, specifications, standard practices, operating procedures, and customer and company employee relations policies and practices
- Works near energized parts or equipment
- Starts each workday with an inspection of tires, controls, fuel, and fluids to ensure reliable operation
- Changes attachments, makes adjustments, verifies information and troubleshoots problems
- Operates equipment manually and through use of electronic or technical methods of operation
- Provides recommendations for maintaining and improving environmental performance
- Operates equipment on public roadways, maintaining proper awareness of surroundings
- Performs other duties as assigned
APPLY DIRECTLY TO: CLICK HERE