Veterans simply make us better.
They bring an amazing skill set to the table.
Leadership, dedication and commitment are qualities they learn from the military.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (CSR) Oklahoma City, OK #638861
SUMMARY: The primary responsibility of the Customer Service Representative is to solicit and book freight to a particular region or area meeting daily and weekly capacity targets through a selected freight process that generates a mix of freight that maximizes overall yield (profitability) values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Monitor In-bound Capacity and matching loads to trucks accordingly.
• Manage load volumes (weekly goals) and yield measurements for the region/area in accordance with Management’s expectations.
• Manage customer weekly commitments and overflow opportunities to optimize asset-based freight network and brokerage business.
• Assure that all loads have proper information including rating, load/unload, bill to, pick-up and delivery times, P.O’s, customer information and accessorial data.
• Maintain call lists (Non-EDI committed customers phone number, customer name, email address, etc) and turn-down lists to work brokerage opportunities.
• Assure that every Out-bound load has a firm delivery schedule.
• Maintain customer websites, EDI compliance and timely closure of orders through customer sites.
• Communicate to shippers, customers and Sales Management any service failures.
• Manage book of turn-down freight for brokerage opportunities and coordination with Sales Management to mitigate any customer-facing issues.
• Manage lay-over-ratio for region/area based on Management’s Expectations.
• Other duties as assigned.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES: Freight volumes booked (measured by number of loads per day/week), existing customer growth goals with quality mix (customer commitments, higher-rated etc), Revenue per mile (gross) and layover ratio.
CORE COMPETENCIES: Customer and Personal Service, Active Listening, Service Orientation, Coordination, Time Management and Monitoring.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the job satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or GED. At least 5 years industry and/or previous logistics experience preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to speak and write English.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to make sound judgments based on fact patterns and can communicate decisions effectively. Analyze factors regarding lane flows, pricing, driver needs and utilization and make decisions that will positively affect these factors.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Must be computer literate with the ability and desire to learn and operate company specific software. Basic operational knowledge of Microsoft Office products required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must be flexible and ready to adapt to changing needs of others in a high stress and fast-paced environment. Demonstrate patience, initiative, sense of humor and follow through skills. Good problem solving skills; proactively recognize the symptoms of a problem while it is still manageable and have awareness and flexibility to adapt to the needs of several departments/changing needs, and then work according to priorities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the essential duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The office is climate controlled and the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.