Veterans simply make us better.
They bring an amazing skill set to the table.
Leadership, dedication and commitment are qualities they learn from the military.
A Climber uses sophisticated climbing and rigging techniques to cut away dead or excess branches from trees or shrubs to maintain right-of-way for roads, sidewalks, or utilities or to improve appearance, health, and value of trees. This position prunes or treats trees or shrubs using handsaws, hand pruners, clippers, and power pruners. A Climber works off the ground in the tree canopy and may use truck-mounted lifts.
Duties, Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Climbs trees, using climbing hooks and belts or climb ladders, to gain access to work areas
- Cuts away dead and excess branches from trees or clears branches around power lines, using climbing equipment or buckets of extended truck booms
- Uses chainsaws, hooks, handsaws, shears, and clippers
- Hoists tools and equipment to tree trimmers and lowers branches with ropes or block and tackle
- Cables, braces, ties, bolts, stakes and guys trees and branches to provide support
- Cleans, sharpens and lubricates tools and equipment
- Inspects trees to determine if they have diseases or pest problems
- Operates shredding and chipping equipment and feeds limbs and brush into the machines
- Supervises others engaged in tree trimming work and trains lower-level employees
- Trims, tops and reshapes trees to achieve attractive shapes or to remove low-hanging branches
- Clears sites, streets, and grounds of woody and herbaceous materials, such as tree stumps and fallen trees and limbs
- Collects debris and refuse from tree trimming and removal operations into piles, using shovels, rakes or other tools
- Removes broken limbs from wires, using hooked extension poles
- Operates boom trucks, loaders, stump chippers, brush chippers, tractors, power saws, trucks, sprayers, and other equipment and tools
- Provides information to the public regarding trees, such as advice on tree care
- Prunes, cuts down, fertilizes and sprays trees as directed by tree surgeons
- Transplants and removes trees and shrubs and prepares trees for moving
- Trims jagged stumps, using saws or pruning shears
- Demonstrates knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to use lowering techniques, saw maintenance and devices as related to tree work in the field
- Must be semi-skilled in mechanics
- Must be proficient in proper tree groundwork including but not limited to basic tree pruning and tree removal
- Must be able to complete a proficiency test consisting of climbing a ladder; knot tying; chain saw maintenance; the safe and proper handling and operation of chain saws, chippers, and stump grinders
- Must demonstrate appropriate tree groundwork abilities using a variety of equipment including but not limited to ropes, pole pruners, etc.
Performs other duties as assigned
APPLY DIRECTLY TO: CLICK HERE