Veterans simply make us better.
They bring an amazing skill set to the table.
Leadership, dedication and commitment are qualities they learn from the military.
BUCKET TRUCK OPERATOR
A Bucket Truck Operator is responsible is to assist with the clearing and removal of trees along electrical power lines and right-of-ways (ROWs). This position operates an aerial lift device (bucket truck) to reach branches interfering with electric lines. A Bucket Truck Operator also operates chain saws, pruners, brush chipper and may be called upon to climb trees using climbing equipment.
Duties, Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Uses wedges, sledges, and chain saws in felling trees or trimmed trunks and in cutting and splitting logs into manageable pieces
- Responsible for following safe practices and rules while clearing and trimming trees and brush away from utility lines
- Sprays brush and stumps, making proper and selective application of herbicides
- Loads and unloads trucks with logs, stumps, brush, and debris
- Operates and services equipment, such as gasoline, hydraulic tools, power saws, power winches, buckets, chippers, and sprayers
- Safeguards employees and the public from hazards in and around work area
- Cooperates with customers, police and fire departments when blocking street or driveways
- Sets up barriers, warning signs, flags, markers, etc. to protect employees and public
- Operates a bucket near energized lines
- Performs tree and bucket rescue
- Trains new personnel
- Works in all temperatures and will be exposed to nature i.e., irritating plants and biting or stinging insects
- Works near energized parts or equipment
- Exposed to hazards of working near power equipment, traffic, high voltage wires, and falling limbs
- Demonstrates knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to use lowering techniques, saw maintenance and devices as related to tree work in the field
- Must be semi-skilled in mechanics
- Must be proficient in proper tree groundwork including but not limited to: basic tree pruning and tree removal
- Must be able to complete a proficiency test consisting of: climbing a ladder; knot tying; chain saw maintenance; the safe and proper handling and operation of chain saws, chippers, and stump grinders; and demonstrate proper tree groundwork abilities using a variety of equipment including but not limited to ropes, pole pruners, etc.
Performs other duties as assigned
Apply Directly To: CLICK HERE